Monday 1 August 2011

Chainmaille copper bracelet

I went away recently and took some copper jumprings and my pliers with me (mad, I know!) as I wanted to try some Chainmaille.
I have never done it before but I really like the effect it creates.
I have to say it is a bit ‘fiddly’ and you have to have a lot of patience but I really enjoyed it. I have made Byzantine chain and made it into a copper bracelet with an open heart charm. The heart can be stamped with your name or a date or can just be left blank. I have also oxidised it and wire brushed it to create a lovely aged effect.

As the bracelet is made from solid copper, it is perfect as a gift for 7th wedding anniversary, perhaps featuring a wedding date or the couple’s initials.

This Chainmaille bracelet is now available to buy in my Folksy shop. Please click here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment